PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Effective Date: July 2015
- 1.Who are we?
- 1.1We are Apples & Figs Ltd.We own and operate this website. Our contact details are on the website. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback about this policy.
- 2.What’s the point of this policy?
- 2.1This policy tells you how we deal with your “personal data” (i.e. technical term for information about any identified or identifiable living person). Please read on to find out what kinds of personal data we collect, how we use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can access and rectify it.
- 2.2Please do not use our website unless you are completely happy with this policy. If you do use our website, we will assume that you do accept it.
- 3.Might the policy change?
- 3.1It may well do and so you should check it whenever you visit our website. We will assume you agree to the revised policy if you use the website after the effective date shown at the top of the policy.
- 4.What personal or other data do we collect?
- 4.1We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website - such as your name, address, email address, phone number and so on - or when communicating with us by email or in some other way.
- 4.2We may receive and store certain information automatically when you interact with us. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your mobile or other device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, clickstream data, details of your activity on our website with date / time stamps including the pages you visited, searches you made and goods / services purchased.
- 5.What about cookies?
- 5.2Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- 5.3Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes:
- a)Session cookies: We use session cookies to enable the website to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. These cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- b)Google Analytics (“GA”) cookies: Google sets persistent cookies (up to two years) to recognize and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and what sites the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. Click here for more information about GA cookies. Click here to opt out of GA cookies.
- c)Magento shopping cart: Magento supplies the following information about its cookies on our website. These are both session and persistent (up to one hour). Click here to see Magento’s cookies policy.
COOKIE NAME --> Information
CART --> The association with your shopping cart.
CATEGORY_INFO --> Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
COMPARE --> The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
CURRENCY --> Your preferred currency
CUSTOMER --> An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
CUSTOMER_AUTH --> An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
CUSTOMER_INFO --> An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS --> Stores the Customer Segment ID
EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE --> A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
FRONTEND --> You sesssion ID on the server.
GUEST-VIEW --> Allows guests to edit their orders.
LAST_CATEGORY --> The last category you visited.
LAST_PRODUCT --> The most recent product you have viewed.
NEWMESSAGE --> Indicates whether a new message has been received.
NO_CACHE --> Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART --> A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
POLL --> The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
POLLN --> Information on what polls you have voted on.
RECENTLYCOMPARED --> The items that you have recently compared.
STF --> Information on products you have emailed to friends.
STORE --> The store view or language you have selected.
VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS --> The products that you have recently viewed.
WISHLIST --> An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
WISHLIST_CNT --> The number of items in your Wishlist.
- d)Cookie-warning cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited the website. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to [insert] days.
- 5.4By continuing to use our website, having seen our cookie notice, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
- 6.How do we use your personal data?
- 6.1We use your personal data to provide our services, e.g. send service messages, process payments and/or fulfil orders.
- 6.2We use your personal data to help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via our website.
- 6.3If you have given permission on our website, we may use your personal data to send you emails (or other communications such as mail, phone or SMS) with details of our or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you including information about special offers or promotions.
- 6.5We retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
- 6.6We may access, remove, alter, store or otherwise use any personal data if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
- 7.How do we protect personal data?
- 7.1Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data.
- 7.2Email and other electronic communications are not secure if they have not been encrypted. Your communications will pass through a number of network nodes before they reach us. So we do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access to or loss of personal data that stems from a cause beyond our control. Nor can we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of other users or third parties who may misuse your personal data which they collect from the website.
- 8.To whom do we disclose personal data?
- 8.1Payment details including credit card numbers are supplied direct to our payment partner mentioned on our website. We do not receive such information. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- 8.2We may allow access to your personal data by third parties who supply us with a service. Examples include e-commerce platform providers, couriers (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications or monitoring our website.
- 8.4We do not provide your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- 8.5We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary:
- a)if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority; or
- b)in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
- 8.6We may store or transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes stated in this policy. If so, we will of course comply with the applicable laws relating to data transfer outside the EEA.
- 8.7Except as otherwise specifically included in this policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to third parties, whether they are suppliers of services on our website (e.g. payment providers) or other websites, different rules will apply to their use or disclosure of your information. Please check their privacy policies carefully.
- 9.How can you access and rectify personal data?
- 9.1You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. We may charge an administration fee in line with data protection laws and we may also require appropriate evidence of identity. Note that you may be able to rectify certain of your personal data within your account on our service (if applicable).
- 9.2For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.